Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 17 12 4:58 AM

Tags : :

Pretty Green at it again.........500 pounds sterling for this little number. Quite nice but you could have a bespoke suit made at that price

this is the main product image

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 17 12 10:37 AM

I really like it but 500 quid?? feck off..
I visited Pretty Green when in london last month, as I walked in the guy said "Morning"
I replied "Morning, How's things?"
He said" pretty quiet actually"..
As I left I said at those price's mate I'm not surprised your quiet....
DnA Groove sell suits cheaper and better than that

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

conalobroin

Got me parka now

#2 [url]

Sep 18 12 12:19 PM

Nice jacket!, big white pocket square and a nice pair of cricket flannels and away you go! Ridiculous price though, has sucker tourist written all over it. I find buying clothes in shops like this very boring and predictable, and you know that you (and the poor indian or thai who made it for 10p) are been laughed at. For me nothing beats wandering into a second hand or charity shop and there among the mix and match track suits and out of shape jumpers is the most amazing dogtooth blazer, you have a closer look, 3 buttons, single vent, spotless, you try it on and it doesn't pinch anywhere and the silky lining slides over your shirt and doesn't drag at all, and then the best bit 15quid! I love the feeling that they don't know what they have here, god love them. Now thats shopping.

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#3 [url]

Sep 19 12 2:00 PM

Don't like the jacket and don't like the price! No ticket pocket and no cloth covered buttons   I'd rather the boating blazer in scoots and boots for £149,far nicer cut to it,and as Conal said there's nothing better than spending some time in second hand/charity shops and finding either a jacket or trousers than fit perfectly for a steal.

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 25 12 11:23 AM

I concur chaps.......every single feckin thing in high street is made in bloody china!!!!! China is just one huge mother of a factory churning out products that simply get labelled with different stickers.

I've stopped looking at Penguin tops and all that........80 euro and you can be sure the kid that put it together got not one penny of it. Check around.......from Penny's up to Tommy Hilfiger.......they're all bloody made in China.

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#6 [url]

Sep 30 12 8:20 AM

Nice looking blazer Collie,very cheap, made by Madcap. I have some of their stuff,jumpers etc, very stylish. Might ask Santa for a blazer for Xmas!!

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#7 [url]

Oct 1 12 1:55 AM

Its nice Baz, but I don't know If I would wear it myself or a boating blazer in general as I feel it a hard look to pull off as one get a bit older, although it can be a great casual look if well coordinated with a Knit top or open neck button down  .. anyway I have seen a cheapish one from Gibson of London its not as loud as the madcap one above as well in case anyone looking, I think I would  go for the Gibson one if I was going to buy one

http://scootssuitsandboots.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=457

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#8 [url]

Oct 1 12 3:14 PM

That's the blazer I saw earlier for £149,mcuh nicer style and cut than the Madcap one. It would be hard to pull off wearing one as you say,but would be nice with a knitted top I reckon.
Age wouldn't bother me but I know I'd get some quare looks wearing one around Drogheda,having said that I generally get complimented on my dress sense when I'm out and about,which is nice!

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#10 [url]

Oct 2 12 6:59 AM

Very nice John,very nice indeed! Sharp dressed Donegal man in a field!!!
Think I'll treat myself to one for Xmas...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Oct 3 12 4:10 AM

Think I'll treat myself to one for Xmas...

-bazchoochoo

What a sharp dressed Donegal man in a field or
a boating blazer ???  :-)

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#14 [url]

Oct 3 12 3:29 PM

A sharp dressed Donegal man in a field John 

Yeah Gilly it looks very like it but not sure it was by Gibson,although if I remember rightly the price was £169 in the shop window for the blazer.

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#17 [url]

Oct 10 12 7:51 AM

Checked out this guy's other clothes,very reasonable prices I must say and he sounds Irish too! Would be good to give some business as it seems his business is small enough,cheers for posting Colm!

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#18 [url]

Oct 11 12 1:06 AM

Baz, the seller is one of those young guys who was on that new faces clip that was out a while back, and yeah he uses the fada in his spelling of Tomas !!

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Oct 11 12 5:54 AM

nice jacket, but it needs converting button wise...
something that is nearly immpossible to get done right up here.
Oh for a good tailor

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#20 [url]

Oct 11 12 7:51 AM

No good tailors in Kilmacrennan John,maybe in Letterkenny?
Yes Tomás McGrath,good Irish name. Hope he does well for himself,seems to have a good interest in the scene concerning clothes anyhow!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help