Remove this ad

eiremod1

Got me parka now

Lead

Aug 24 12 2:13 PM

Tags : :

What views and opinions do people have on the above anyone interested in starting a MOD scooter rally next year with some of the soul lads .       ps not in a field /no combats/twist and gos   just retro old/ new  styles and some nice scoots. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 28 12 7:37 AM

How's it going?

Sounds good and by all means try it and see what people think. However, if it's not a rally in a field, then are you thinking something along the lines of the Tramore thing with a hotel??

The Scooter scene is an eclectic mix of Ska heads, Skins, Mods, Rave heads, some punks even, ex-Mods and Soulies........which is great. If you go for a Mod Scooter rally then you'll be accused of elitism by your peers in the scooter scene because it will be seen as exclusionary and then there is whole nightmare of how you; excuse my language, but how would you "police" the event in terms of turning away folks who turn up in combats????

The scooter scene and Mod scene are two different spheres although there is a cross over of people into both but if you go to Afterglow in Belfast or Sleepless Nights you won't find too many people who go to scooter rallys there and vice versa; if you go to rallys you won't find too many Mods there that go to Sleepless Nights there, etc. so you have the tricky job of trying to bring together two different types of event because there are a lot of Mods that will not go to anything that has the words "scooter rally" in the title.

Sorry if that sounds negative, just giving you my honest thoughts. I've been a to a few rallys over the years (although it's been a while now) and enjoyed them but I know there are lots of Mods that don't bother with the scooter scene and plenty of scooter lads who don't bother with the Mod scene.

Quote    Reply   

eiremod1

Got me parka now

#2 [url]

Aug 28 12 3:14 PM

thanks gilly thats food for thought i was just putting it out there you are right the scooter scene in ireland is to small ,it would be great to bring all these groups together, but i for one do not want to Upset anyone.I just was reading the scootering mag with Tony Class and he had the scooters/mod thing sorted it changed in the 80s or 90s .The Portlaoise / Waterford  DooS are good as I LOOK now for the family type rallies goin to try, kilkenny this week KTF John ps BRIGHTON anygood for families might check it for next year.  

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help