Remove this ad

slipkid

One of the Faces

Lead

May 8 12 3:29 PM

Tags : :

Was over in London for the Mod weekend to check out The Truth.
I'd never seen them live before and I wasn't disappointed
I know some people never liked them, but I think they were very underrated.
The band played a stormer and had the place bopping along to all the favourites like Confusion, Beat Generation, Right Direction etc. Dennis has that magic touch in keeping the buzz going.
They might be coming to Ireland this year, so it'll be well worth checking them out if they do.
Also, Great to see The Strypes playing on the Sunday night.
It was gas looking at the expressions on peoples faces when they kicked off. The crowd were well impressed.
As always, they played a deadly set. Everybody loved them and they were signing autographs by the end of the night fair play to them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

May 9 12 2:12 AM

I liked the Truth back in the day, although Nine below Zero were head and shoulders above them.
Dennis Greaves is great live. Did'nt know they were back touring..
Great to see the reaction The Strypes are getting great wee band very much remind me 
of the afforementioned N B Zero

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

May 15 12 8:03 AM

Paul, fair play to ya for heading over to that; what was the story with the Modfest? Did he get good crowds at it? Were The Strypes playing at it or was that their own seperate gig in London?

Any reason why he didn't go with an event in Dublin this year. I met Sean at Daltrey gig in Marley Park last summer and he more or less hinted that he was doing well to pull the crowds he did......

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#3 [url]

May 21 12 8:19 AM

Totally agree John, Nine Below Zero far better band. Only seen them the once, '91 in the Rock Garden, poor turnout but they played a great set.

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#4 [url]

May 21 12 8:52 AM

Gilly, The Modfest was good. Both nights, the crowds seemed a bit on the quite side and the venue wasn't packed. A lot of the Scots and English I meet said the Irish Modfest was much better.
The Untouchable crowd got The Strypes over to play in Timebox, same venue different room, followed by various DJ's playing some class Psych, Soul, R+B tunes.
He's working on a couple of ideas at the moment, if he pulls them off, happy days.
Would be great to see The Blades and The Chords playing Dublin.
From The Jam playing in The Village in November.

Quote    Reply   

dessiewalshblue

Got me parka now

#5 [url]

May 22 12 11:55 AM

any idea what date in november From the jam are playing, cheers

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

slipkid

One of the Faces

#6 [url]

May 22 12 2:00 PM

Not sure what the craic is, some say it's cancelled. There down to play Friday 30th November in The Village, Dublin. Their gonna play the full 'In The City' album (35th Anniversary) as well as all the other classics. 

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#8 [url]

May 24 12 1:54 AM

Unfortuately Rick is gone. He's in a band called 'IF' with Tony from LTS and some of the guys from Sham 69.
Bruce has a new album out this year under his own name with Weller/Ray Davis/Steve Cropper appearing on it. Should be interesting, heard 'Window Shopping' at the London gig, not bad.

Window Shopping Acoustic version

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 24 12 12:01 PM

First track from this sounds pretty good........won't ever beat the feckin lyrics to "Carnaby St"!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help