Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 26 12 10:47 AM

Tags : :

Looking at their pants at the minute.....just for something different and give myself a break from Adam and Claudio.......anyone ever get any gear from them??? Although I know they use the same cloth supplier as Adam????

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

dave67

One of the Faces

#1 [url]

Mar 26 12 12:02 PM

Got a couple pair sta prest trousers of them,am 32 waist, in a mod trouser am 34w, had to get 36w in jump the gun.if thats any use to you gilly. Other than that they are a good trouser.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Mar 26 12 12:48 PM

Jaysus......are their trousers that big a jump in size???? I take a 33waist in Mod pants so I was thinking of getting a 34 in Jump The Gun.......might have to rethink.....cheers Dave.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 26 12 2:43 PM

Dave is right, they're size's are for annorexic Mods..
Save your Money till August Gilly, and we will do the vintage shops in Brighton
and you can check out JTG in the flesh so to speak

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

donie

One of the Faces

#5 [url]

Mar 27 12 2:03 AM

Got a shirt from them last year. made a call first to see about the sizes and the guy said to go up one size from what I usually wear. I am a 16" in a shirt and ordered a 17". shirt arrived and it has to be the smallest size 17 I have ever seen. 
I think John is right Gilly. wait till you are there and you will get a proper look.

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#6 [url]

Mar 27 12 2:19 AM

Gilly.. Go into the tailor that come over from Manchester to Dublin on the last Sunday of the month , I not sure how much Jump the Gun trousers are however when you take into account the P&P, exchange rates , cost of getting the trousers shortened, its going to come to about  €100 or even a bit more... With the tailor, if you get about 1.5 meters of Fabric from DNA Groove,it will cost you about  €125 - €130 in total , and you can get a trousers exactly as you want them covered button etc .... 

I know that all Jump the Gun stuff is very fitted so you need to size up, you should wait till August as at least then when you get to Brighton you can try the stuff on

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 28 12 10:23 PM

Meant to ask that question about material.......do you bring your own material or does Gill have stuff there???? What about Mendoza......anyone any experience there??? Gear looks great

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#8 [url]

Mar 29 12 2:06 AM

Gilly you can bring your own or buy from her , She has books full of material with  prices from about €45 a metre up to about €80 a metre that is for expensive mohair, last week I found it hard to get a good look at her fabric books as the pub was a bit dark & with the music etc it was hard to concentrate on this.. to much going on ..

Another option is, logon to the DNA showroom.. he is selling material on average for about €15 a meter  ( there is some cheaper and some more expensive)   - so for a trousers you would need 1.5 meters at least, and a suit I would say about 3 metres ... he has a nice Blue or Bronze tonic for about €32 a metre

No experience of Mendoza... trousers do look good, again if if you like them get Gill to make a similar pair it will come in about the same price,  The trousers I am getting made is costing me  €125 ..

I would suggest asking Claudio to send you samples of material  if thinking of going down the tailor route..

Quote    Reply   

dave67

One of the Faces

#9 [url]

Apr 7 12 12:56 PM

Donie you were saying 17 in the shirt was tight, am a 16 should i go for 17.5. looking at a shirt in jump the gun.Gilly i know you shop in adams are the sizes the same as jump the gun in shirts 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Apr 9 12 2:34 AM

No Dave,

I don't think the sizes are the same for both shops but they buy their cloth and material from the same supplier. Adam's website has a great size guide.....16 inch neck equals a size 40, etc. 

If i'm buying a shirt for a tie I go half an inch bigger on the neck.....but that's just me.....I eat too many bickkies!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 11 12 6:30 AM

Yeah it's a quality shirt for any dandy.......all gear arrived this morning....including a nice short sleeve shirt number for my old man's 60th next week. Suit, 2 shirts plus tie and matching hanky; Not a bad mornings work!!!!!! grin

Donie,

Still hunting around for shoes so keeping your brogues in mind......will be in touch!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

dave67

One of the Faces

#17 [url]

Apr 11 12 11:22 AM

Very nice gilly,

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help