Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 23 12 6:21 AM

Tags : :

anybody going to the Brighton weekender Aug 24/25/26 ??

I'm going, was thinking we could meet up there and make a time of it...
got any blues??

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

donie

One of the Faces

#1 [url]

Jan 24 12 8:23 AM

I am really considering going this year. I would really love to bring the GS over but I dont think it would be up for such a long journey. Anyone I have spoken to that has been at Brighton says that it is a brill event. I would be up for going if there is an Irish crew going.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 24 12 9:17 AM

Plenty of Blues John.........Donie I have a dream that someday I will leave my house with a bag packed, jump on the scoot, head for the ferry in Dublin and spend a few days scootering along the southern coast of England before landing into Brighton for the NUTS weekend........someday........

I rarely say these things, but for once, unless the world ends, I will be attending Brighton this Augus, for suret. Myself and Baz choo from this site a friend of mine who introduced me to Mod in the 80's are going. We went to Isle of Wight in 2004 to see The Who and its a doddle. Flight into Gatwick, trains underneath airport will have you in Brighton in 50 minutes.

We've checked flights.....Aer Lingus at 88 euro all in (I refure to subject myself to Ryanair)........so lets do it and try and arrange a good crew to get over there. From all reports thru the year it is an absolute must.......I'm certainly thinking about every night before I go to sleep........I'm already picking out clothes........devil

John and Donie, we're in......so there is at least 5 people.....any other takers. (I'll post up flight details.....basically we're looking at flying out Sat morning and back Monday afternoon)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 24 12 1:44 PM

There are (including me) 4 going from up here..so far
I was just getting advice on hotels from some scottish Mods that were there last year.
I'll post the names when I get them

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 25 12 2:11 AM

Nice one John......four from your neck of the woods too......there'll be a few of us so there from our wee island.

Meant to say that we're flying out Sat 25th Aug and back Monday 27th lunch time.

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#5 [url]

Jan 26 12 1:15 AM

Is there any details out yet about the Weekend such as venues, Djs any Bands etc... I very tempted ... I think I read somewhere possibly Facebook that getting accomadation no easy task that weekend such is the demand !!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 26 12 3:57 AM

Collie ,I've been keeping an eye on NUTS website, nothing confirmed yet.. but everything is held in a place called Komedia. Tickets are available from june. Book early.
I've also been searching hotels etc you'd need to have them booked by march , as everyone says the accomadation goes quick

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#7 [url]

Jan 26 12 6:33 AM

John.. did you Scotish Mates recommend any hotels that were near venue.  I know a lad from Clonmel who was at this last year so I might get in touch with him

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 26 12 7:20 AM

I've been up on a few hotel websites and you can get a few reasonable hotels smack on seafront that are bang in the middle between day time and night time venues.

As John said, accomodation will fly.....I was checking NUTS website yesterday and they're already encouraging people to book accomodation now for the event......even months before DJ's  or bands are announced. Collie, NUTS always put on a top line up so I'm not too worried about the line up.

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#9 [url]

Jan 26 12 9:36 AM

Would love to go, but no spare shillings this year. Was there last year, great buzz. Stayed in the Russell Guest House behind the Grand. The Komedia is a good venue, with Jump The Gun a few doors down, everything's within walking distance. Anyone going should book their rooms very soon.
 Don't forget to visit the alleyway in East Street.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 26 12 2:15 PM

I hear you loud and clear Paul......I've been on the student breadline now for a good few years (eternal student me!!!!) but I promised my self that no matter what, I'm heading for Brighton this year........

And considering we're all blokes going.........I most certainly will check that alley in East St grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#12 [url]

Mar 14 12 5:57 AM

Good man Gilly,sounds like there's a few going from Ireland,should definitely meet up there or try to schedule
 everyone on the same flight. I'm sure that alley on East Street will be busy that weekend 

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 14 12 7:46 AM

Yes certainly seems to be a good crew from our little island.......I'll put the word out through FB also and see if we can muster some more hearty souls

Quote    Reply   

dave67

One of the Faces

#14 [url]

Mar 14 12 2:01 PM

That is one weekend i would love to go on, I said it to jackie their were a few from the site going, The seeds have been planted about going.You would  want to be booking it shortly.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 15 12 3:27 PM

They'll be ringing childline John......cops be waiting for you at the airport.......you'll be released without charge when they see your impeccable taste!!!!!!

You still up for Brighton????

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 16 12 1:46 AM

Oh yes, shaping up to be a cracker of a weekend with plenty of good stalls and expo's added for the day time......Watch The Cloth Moth is doing a stall there throughout the weekend.......great gear that fella has.

All clobber and outfits chosen, pressed and ready to go. Haircut booked for next Tuesday......all i need now is a bank account with some money.......

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help