Remove this ad

slipkid

One of the Faces

Lead

Jan 20 12 1:43 AM

Tags : :

Hi all, I've been looking for this for over 20 years to complete my Jam 7" collection. I've never seen a copy so I'm not even sure if it even exists. Does anyone out there have a copy for sale or know of it's existence?
Cheers Paul

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 20 12 2:45 AM

Alright Paul,

I've been trying to do the exact same thing myself since 1989.....I can't get Beat Surrender or Going Underground.

I picked up In The City 7 inch in Abbey Records in 1991......as far as I know its Polydor but I'll check it this evening when I get home. I thought it was such a rare thing at the time, being their first single and all that. A lot of the records I picked up back then just had the blank white sleeve so I delighted with my purchase. I paid 4.99 for it.......an absolute fortune!!!!! My dad thought I was nuts.

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#3 [url]

Jan 22 12 4:33 AM

Cheers for checking that up Gilly. If you get a chance could you send me a pic of the label. I could be wrong but I think the Delga company only pressed the sleeves and not the records. I'll keep an eye out for Beat and Underground for you. Thanks mate.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 22 12 1:22 PM

Hello,

I've got the beat surrender single, bought it when it came out as double single, with picture cover etc, is this the same record? I've also got In The City 7" but thats not the original as it was released. If you wanr any more info I can let you know?

Quote    Reply   

dave67

One of the Faces

#5 [url]

Jan 23 12 11:14 AM

had the beat surrender single back in the 80s i think the b side was called shopping i could be wrong,sold it in 88 with all my other mod gear was moving to london for work needed the cash. SHAME ON ME. it kills me when i think back about it.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 23 12 12:50 PM

Yes, it was 1982, I was still at school, got the single in front of me; record 1 included Beat Surrender and Shopping, Records 2 included Move on Up, Stoned out of my Mind & War. I also have the LP The Gift whichI  I  bought around that time, it came with a limited edition candy stripe paper cover, shame I never kept the cover it would probably be very very collectable now, anyone got one?? I have a few music related regrets around that time like not going to see the Jam at Wembley Area, I lived a mile away from the venue, but was still at school at the time ,and not going to see Steve Marriots pack of 3, I can still see the flyers adertising his gigs in my mind; what a fantastic musician he was.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 24 12 9:10 AM

There you are Paul......hope its of some use to you mate. If you need any more details from it then give me a shout.

Dave,

I understand your pain.......luckily I held onto all of my record collection through the years, never sold any I don't think. Although don't hold your breath thru this recession and it ain't over yet!!!!!!!devil

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#9 [url]

Jan 24 12 9:28 AM

Cheers for that Gilly, unfortunately that is the UK pressing. The Irish In The City, if it exists, should look a bit like this one here.(Red Paper label, Made in Ireland etc)

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#10 [url]

Apr 26 13 11:44 AM

Anyone got a spare copy of this?
Check it out on Ebay. Looks like it will go for serious shillings.
It's The Jam's In The City single, pressed in Ireland.
I never even knew it existed.
Everybody check their attics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Jam-Irish-Pressing-1977-In-The-City-Made-In-Rep-of-Ireland-Mint-/251264868941?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#12 [url]

Apr 27 13 10:25 AM

Holy shit,some serious bidding going on there!
I've a few Irish pressings of Jam singles,most with their original picture sleeves.It seems that they are in fact worth something because of the pressing,must look after them.
I also have a rare copy of The Who 'Under My Thumb' 'The Last Time' on Track records entitled 'In support of Mick Jagger and Keith Richards' when they were busted for dope,with no picture sleeve. Anyone out there know it's real worth? Condition is VG.

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#13 [url]

Apr 29 13 8:07 AM

The auction ended early, the chap must have getting an offer he couldn't refuse. Wish I had a copy.
News of the World and That's Entertainment are also pretty rare and hard to find as Irish Pressings. Took me bloody years to find them.
Baz, look after your Irish Pressings, you could have a little goldmine there.
Your Who single is worth about 30 to 40 euro, the UK version never had a picture sleeve.
If there was an Irish Pressing of that out there, you'd be talking 3 figures.

Quote    Reply   

groovywoovy

Got me parka now

#14 [url]

May 1 13 11:18 AM

I like to pick up Irish pressings where i see them have a few nice bitls like small faces minds eye , paul jones dog presides etc.

amazed at the price that in the city went for though!

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#15 [url]

May 2 13 5:26 AM

Cheers slipkid,I'll certainly take care of my Jam Irish pressings. But don't think I'd ever sell,have them just over 20 years and The Who single I only picked up last year at a record fair for 15 Euro.

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

northsideriviera

Got me parka now

#16 [url]

May 2 13 5:56 AM

Shite,
I sold a few Jam singles on Irish pressing recently for only a couple of quid each. I upgraded them to UK and Euro pressings cos they came with picture sleeves. I had better look through my collection now and make sure I dont sell any more of them, I really didn't think Irish pressings with standard polydor paper sleeves would be worth much !!

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#20 [url]

May 4 13 11:54 AM

Those Jam singles can be got easy enough. Tube station the rarest out of those 4. I had bids on the In The City single but it was pulled before the auction ended. If anyone out there has copy, I'll pay 400 euros for one in excellent condition.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help