Aug 4 11 2:04 PM

Tags : :

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 4 11 2:41 PM

Well played to you Collie, that was the reason this 'society' was set up, it was for people to use in order to run their own Do's and nights. Looking forward to it and an impressive line up of DJ's....

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#3 [url]

Aug 5 11 1:54 AM

Cheers Lads,

With regards to the Night we are holding.. I got four great Djs lined up , the lads will play a nice mix from across the Mod spectrum. I'm thinking lots of Soul, RnB, Sixties Beat, mixed up with some hammond groove, dancefloor jazz,ska and maybe some boogaloo thrown in for good measure

Its been held in The Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone, on Saturday 12th November 

I have agreed the following Special B&B Rate with the Hotel 

Single - €40

Double / Twin - €80

You can make a reservation at

Tel: 090 6492601

Email: info@shamrocklodgehotel.ie

Make sure you mention your attending The Right Back In Style Function when making the Booking.

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 11 11 9:13 AM

Love the flyer Collie..........if people could spread the word through their own Facebook and the rest, cracking line up of DJ's.

Looking forward to it.

Quote    Reply   

jmoran

One of the Faces

#8 [url]

Aug 12 11 5:12 AM

its great to see that there are folk willing to put on events outside of the traditional places. Am always amazed to see sharp cats that you wouldnt see anywhere else turning up at events and then once the night is over merge back into the nosie of modern day life.....Methinks this will be a suited and booted night for the most part.....:D

Quote    Reply   

donie

One of the Faces

#10 [url]

Aug 31 11 5:44 AM

Right lads and ladies I think that as a good few of us counrty boys and Girls go to the big cities(Dublin and Belfast) to support gigs and mod nights that it would be great if people could make a big effort to attend this exciting new event in Athlone.
I have nothing to do with running this event but if we want to keep the mod scence fresh we need to start supporting events outside the main hubs. I feel otherwise things will get stale.
Lets try and make Right Back In Style a big night out with a great turnout.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 31 11 6:21 AM

Totally agree Donie, the whole idea of this 'society' was that it would act as a broad epicentre for people to organise their own events and use this as a place to push it out there. Events that are organised outside the usual staple events are essential if this scene is to stay interesting. If it's about going to the same events in the same places listening to the same stuff then it becomes retrospective rather than modern.

People are putting a lot of time, effort and more importantly their own hard pressed dosh into organising these events so I'd echo Donie's appeal to come along and support this great night.

I have another thought on the topic of organising events and minimising peoples' exposure to risk but I'll stick that up on another thread.......

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#12 [url]

Aug 31 11 7:13 AM

Cheers for the support lads.. in my opinion it the Clubs and gigs that keep the scene alive & maintain everyones interest. Hopefully people can make it down as the Djs lined up will guarantee a good night.

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#13 [url]

Sep 7 11 2:47 AM

Hi All ... Just to give you an update on the night, there has been a change to the Dj line up that was on the Original flyer the Djs now are

Joe Moran ( Dublin )

Roger Dixon ( Belfast )

Sarge ( Belfast )

Paul Mulholland ( Galway)

Dave Barry ( Galway)

Dates, venue  etc are all the same .. Cheers

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 8 11 1:56 PM

Congrats on the latest edition Dave.......expecting one myself in the next week or two......

-gilly

Jeezo well done Gilly, all by yourself ?? :-) sorry mate I could'nt resist.
good luck....

and Congrats Dave

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#17 [url]

Sep 9 11 3:01 AM

Congrats Dave on your new arrival.. Jackie was telling me your good news at The Universal gig.. It would be great if you could and a few of the Dundalk lads could make it..

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 10 11 3:12 PM

John D,

Us men get away with biological murder when it comes to the wains........I don't know how women do it, so technically I'm "expecting" a baby but I certainly won't be "having" one.

Collie, I was up at a Do last night in Dundalk and a good few Dundalk lads were talking about getting a wee bus down.......

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#20 [url]

Sep 12 11 3:28 AM

Thats good to hear Gilly ..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help