Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 27 11 12:34 PM

Tags : :

Hi All,

Mixed crew at this as you'd expect, some Mod types along with some 'classic rock' fans. Nice buzz about the place outside, few beers and a mingle and yap.

He came on but most of the crowd were still outside so he did some Who numbers.....'I can see for Miles', 'Pictures og Lily', and a few others.....he looked and sounded great. Then into Tommy......flawless, he sounded great. Guitar players were great.

Simon Townshend threw a plectrum and I caught it in the corner of my eye. I asked the guy behind me if something hit him and he thought it was wet from the roof, I bent down and there was a plectrum so I gave it to him. Some knobs (hammered) thought that throwing full pints of beer into the crowd was a cool thing to do. A poor mam and daughter got splatted. Happened again 20 minutes later. I moved and looked back to see one of them with his knob out having a piss in the middle of the crowd. Disgusting.

The encore after Tommy went on for another 50  minutes. Daltrey was really taken back by the responce of the crowd. He played "Young Man Blues' 'I'm a Man' 'My Generation' 'Who Are you' 'Blue Red and Grey, 'Without your love (McVivar, solo)........was brilliant.

Only thing is, it finished at 11pm.......how the feck do you get home using public transport at 11 on a tuesday......we could get a bus back into town but the last buses and trains would be gone.....no night links. Had to get a taxi.......but the driver was listening to Radio Nova who were playing the Who all night because Daltrey was in town. Few beers back in the house with Rick (ModSka).......a great night overall.

For a man in his late 60's, he's something else.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 27 11 12:52 PM

Hi All,Mixed crew at this as you'd expect, some Mod types along with some 'classic rock' fans. Nice buzz about the place outside, few beers and a mingle and yap.He came on but most of the crowd were still outside so he did some Who numbers.....'I can see for Miles', 'Pictures og Lily', and a few others.....he looked and sounded great. Then into Tommy......flawless, he sounded great. Guitar players were great.Simon Townshend threw a plectrum and I caught it in the corner of my eye. I asked the guy behind me if something hit him and he thought it was wet from the roof, I bent down and there was a plectrum so I gave it to him. Some knobs (hammered) thought that throwing full pints of beer into the crowd was a cool thing to do. A poor mam and daughter got splatted. Happened again 20 minutes later. I moved and looked back to see one of them with his knob out having a piss in the middle of the crowd. Disgusting.The encore after Tommy went on for another 50  minutes. Daltrey was really taken back by the responce of the crowd. He played "Young Man Blues' 'I'm a Man' 'My Generation' 'Who Are you' 'Blue Red and Grey, 'Without your love (McVivar, solo)........was brilliant.Only thing is, it finished at 11pm.......how the feck do you get home using public transport at 11 on a tuesday......we could get a bus back into town but the last buses and trains would be gone.....no night links. Had to get a taxi.......but the driver was listening to Radio Nova who were playing the Who all night because Daltrey was in town. Few beers back in the house with Rick (ModSka).......a great night overall.For a man in his late 60's, he's something else.

-gilly

gilly have to say it was brill not sure about the johnny cash numbers lol but his backing band was magic the that chap with the hat can play strings big time a bit of a slash look a like to lol sorry i did not bump into to ya , yes bumped into a few dick heads my self at one stage i taught i was getting taking out by the garda because one of them knocked my wifes drink out of her hand and told her to fuck off so i gave him a punch  thank god for the people around us said it to the police that it was not me its sad when you cant go out and enjoy your self  but we had a great night anyway 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help