Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 25 11 12:22 PM

Tags : :

Top UK band The Universal play their first Dublin gig especially for The Irish Modernist Society:

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 25 11 1:18 PM

Hi All,

Without being as crass as to start talking cash on this site, let me just say that The Universal are playing for next to nothing; they’re doing this gig for us because we’re a Mod club and it’s a chance for the guys to play outside the UK and get more exposure to their fantastic set of songs.

So, could I please make a special plea for as many people on this site to come and support this gig. Please spread the word through Facebook, email, Twitter and the good old word of mouth by asking your mates along.

It’ll be a cracking night.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 25 11 2:18 PM

Cheers John, sure see how you're fixed mate. Bloody expensive going away for these gig weekends.

I'm probably just panicking.......have an 'Oorrible feeling of terror when I think of just 15 pr 20 people showing up crying

grin

Quote    Reply   

donie

One of the Faces

#5 [url]

Apr 26 11 12:35 AM

Nice one Gilly. Will be looking forward to this. Fair play to you Gilly for getting this organised.Not a chance of you getting a small crowd for this Gilly. Ill bring the 15-20 people myself if I have toowink

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 26 11 5:29 AM

Cheers Donie, yeah I've my mam and dad on standby too for that night. No, I know myself we'll get a good crowd.

Bit of a pain in the ass organising dates as I'm sure many of you know. It's hard to believe but between north and south of the border, there's literally something on nearly every weekend, whether it be Mod, scooter stuff, soul clubs, Ska bands, scooter rallys, etc.

Quote    Reply   

martymac

Got me parka now

#10 [url]

May 11 11 9:51 AM

Gilly , seen The Universal in Belfast in March , im not joking what a Band, fantastic energy of the Who/ Early Jam, all their own material , not a cover or tribute band.The drummer is only 19, real sharp dressers, a proper Mod band, now the bad news, im on my Holidays in Portugal then mate, im gutted im missing this. It will be a good crowd , dont worry , best of luck !

Stay Cool !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

jacquicarroll

One of the Numbers

#13 [url]

May 16 11 12:02 PM

I also took a trip up to Belfast to see The ~Universal in Annie's (Belfast) crackin show, first time to see them live, but have been following Terry's career for a few years, top bloke, top band, great scouse bunch.... The show was fantastic, full of energy and as you said all original material which is always a bonus, looking forward to hearing this album and I'll be there in Whelan's in August with bells on, will hopefully bring the lads in for a chat on the show, if time allows etc!!! Much respect!!

Jacqui
READY STEADY GO - RTE 2xm
Friday     20.00-21.00
Sunday   11.00-12.00

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 20 11 11:12 AM

Hi All,

Just to give yez an update on this. Tickets are on sale at www.tickets.ie We're just finalising the aftershow party, but venue is secured. I'm just waiting to hear back from one or two other hotels on getting a special rate for people attending the gig. More details before the end of this week.

If you could pass details of the gig either through Facebook, forums, etc then that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gilly.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jun 21 11 12:52 PM

Hello All,

The Universal aftershow party will take place at the Mercantile Bar on Dame St, about 10-15 min walk from the gig venue. DJ's Joe Moran from Watusi and Malcolm McDonald from Back to Basics will be spinning the best of Atlantic, Stax, Northern, 6T's Mod, R'n'B, Soul, a drop of Ska and a splash of '79 Revival.

Admission free with gig ticket. Tickets for the gig currently on sale at www.tickets.ie or at Whelan's website http://www.whelanslive.com

Details of special room rates in dublin hotels to follow.

Cheers,
Gilly.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 22 11 6:05 AM

Hello All,The Universal aftershow party will take place at the Mercantile Bar on Dame St, about 10-15 min walk from the gig venue. DJ's Joe Moran from Watusi and Malcolm McDonald from Back to Basics will be spinning the best of Atlantic, Stax, Northern, 6T's Mod, R'n'B, Soul, a drop of Ska and a splash of '79 Revival.Admission free with gig ticket. Tickets for the gig currently on sale at [url] or at Whelan's website [url]Details of special room rates in dublin hotels to follow.Cheers,Gilly.

-gilly

Hey gilly i would like to put a pow Dj in ???

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jul 1 11 3:46 AM

Hello,

Some accommodation details:

The Mercantile Hotel, Dame Street, Dublin will do a double/twin for 129 euro when you quote "the universal". You can call them on + 353 1 6707100.

Negotiated rates at the Harcourt Hotel

Single letting……………..…………85.00

1 / 2 Twin………………………….…45.00

1 / 2 Double…………………………45.00

1 / 3 Double+Single……………..…35.00

1 / 4 Double+Single+Single………30.00

1 / 2 Twin ( Mews )…………………25.00( limited number of rooms near the beer garden & so they come with a  noise warning )

The Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis. No meal Plan is included. Full Irish Breakfast can be pre booked (even on arrival) at 6.95 Euro

Continental Breakfast can be pre booked at 5.00 Euro.

To Book please call 01 4764904 ( direct line office hours Monday to Friday )

Or email paul@harcourthotel.ie

Your Contact : Paul Glynn

Please request : the Universal rate.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jul 1 11 3:48 AM

Also,

we've had a couple of really good offers for support acts so support acts will be finalised and anounced in the next week or so.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help