Remove this ad

jmoran

One of the Faces

Lead

Apr 15 11 12:57 AM

Tags : :

its a question i've asked before and never got a satisfactory answer.....i know there was a multitude of 'beat' clubs but was there every a coterie of Modernists as we would know them? if so is there any documentary evidence of them, either photos or writings?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 15 11 2:25 AM

Joe i can all ways remember reading something about the tv club before it was called the tv club it was called the go go club yes there was mods in ireland sure my old man was one and he use to tell me that there was a few from sandymount  i got my first scooter of his mate way back around 78 a li 150 and i sold it for a tenner still kills me to day thinking about it i see can i find a few snap of my father back in the 60s i know he did not drive a Scooter but he drove a sport car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#2 [url]

Apr 19 11 4:19 AM

I know the Who played here in 1966 in Cork & Dublin so you would assume there most of been some Mods here at the time, but I have never read anything about a Mod scene here though

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 19 11 12:28 PM

Thats my dad on the left on his motor thats me in the center and on the left with my dad too not sure on the year but its about 63 -64 must ask my mother my dad is long gone but hey he loved the old mod thing he use to say to me that the real mods would never dream of driving a scooter all dressed up like a christmas tree he was just winding me up by saying things like that but sometimes i do think he was right dont get me wrong i love a scooter all decked out mod style with lights a mirrors looks the biz, i remember saying to when i became a mod my self was there any mods in dublin or in ireland N Ireland for defo but he said he use to hang around sandymount with a few so called mods but most of them had cars not much drove scooters only one of his mates did witch i got in 1977-1978 witch was a Li 150 and then i went and sold it for a tenner in 79 it still kills me to day when i think about it a well 

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 19 11 1:32 PM

Jaysus Joe, they are cracking pics. I'm always amazed at looking at people as babies and young children and how life was when the photograph was taken or what was happening at the time. Love it

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 20 11 12:32 PM

Have a few more i will scan them soon come on lads yous guys girls must have a few even from the 70s early 80s 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

martymac

Got me parka now

#14 [url]

May 10 11 11:21 PM

Dunno about the rest of Ireland , but Belfast had a Small Mod scene. Small Faces played Newtownards in 65, The Kinks played Romanos , Belfast around 66, Spencer Davis Group as well , among others played The Orpheus in Belfast in the early to mid 60s. The Maritime Club in Belfast was an RnB Club frequented by a few Mods at the time, My Da was on the fringes of the Mod scene , had a Lambretta , wore the Suits etc. Then i was Born Haha !

Stay Cool !

Quote    Reply   

rmck71

Got me parka now

#16 [url]

May 11 11 8:05 AM

great pics Joe . well my mam was a Mod in the 60s and went to see The Small Faces in the Olympia in Waterford

Im just another Glory Boy

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 20 11 2:21 PM

Yeah my old man saw The Who in Belfast in 67 and the Kinks. He was too young when The Beatles played The Kings Hall in 64........always regretted that and talks about it to this day.

I was delighted for him when we went to see The Who in 2007 in Verona and London, he was chuffed to see them again. Not sure if he was a Mod though, I must look through the pics and see what clobber he was wearing. I've seen some pics from the 70s..........my jaysus, the 70's were bleedin awfuldevil

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

May 23 11 4:55 AM

Yeah my old man saw The Who in Belfast in 67 and the Kinks. He was too young when The Beatles played The Kings Hall in 64........always regretted that and talks about it to this day.I was delighted for him when we went to see The Who in 2007 in Verona and London, he was chuffed to see them again. Not sure if he was a Mod though, I must look through the pics and see what clobber he was wearing. I've seen some pics from the 70s..........my jaysus, the 70's were bleedin awful[image]

-gilly

Gilly have a look at this dublin 65 

http://youtu.be/SwS5Vx_99dE

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

May 23 11 4:56 AM

Gilly have a look at this dublin 65 [url]

-prisoner63

Walkinstown Apollo Gang 1965

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply