Remove this ad

colliec

One of the Faces

#21 [url]

May 3 11 3:48 AM

Yeah That a good point John, a few weeks ago you put up a link for a spanish site which had diagrams of different suits etc, does any one have a link or know of something similar in English

Cheers

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#24 [url]

May 4 11 12:38 PM

Collie,

I always find that a lot of tailors promise bespoke suits at this price and that price, but then when you ask them to put together a Mod suit, mohair/wool blend etc, the price just keeps going up and up.

Check out this man, http://www.threadneedlemantailors.co.uk/Threadneedleman/Welcome.html an outstanding reputation, in South London and he'll do you a bespoke mohair for about 600 quid. So if you're in any doubt about the guy in Longford, have a think about this fella.

There's also a shop in Belfast, 2 branches actually, called North, top notch gear, some of it wild expensive but he also does bespoke mohair 3-ply or Tonik suits for a good rpice.

Now I know money is very tight.......do what I do and put a few quid by every week and save it up for the year. Then book yourself a nice (yeah right, nice) Ryanair flight over to London and lose yourself in an orgy of shopping.

That's what keeps me going every week when I'm in work wondering what the f*ck I'm doing, then I just think of that annual shopping trip, picking out a new suit.......some people might call that sad but I'd doubt there's too many people on this site that would disagree with it wink

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#25 [url]

May 6 11 3:39 AM

Gilly I dont know if I would have the paitence to save up and do a shopping trip, but you cant beat trying on clothes before buying them rather over the net, as I have bought a lot over the years that Ive been disappointed with I got them in the post

Quote    Reply   

jmoran

One of the Faces

#26 [url]

May 6 11 4:03 AM

gilly - i'm like a magpie.....if i see it i have to have it. tho of late i have started to put deejaying fee's away with the intention of flying to girona to DNA and splurging there tho with Fabios prices it would be more of a Splu

Collie - that tailor i was to check out was quoting circa 700 for a jacket so have nixed that one..... i am waiting on one of the lads to get a suit from another tailor who is quoting circa 250/300 if you supply fabric and lining.....will keep this thread updated once i have had a chance to check out the quality.....i will more than likely see the finished article at next sleepless nights..`.

Cant wait for next Saturdays Watusi.....have some new tunes and a new outfit.....grin

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#27 [url]

May 11 11 12:04 PM

Marty earlier on this thread John D mentioned you got suits made with Noon Tailor how did you fine him, and was it hard to describe the style of the suit you wanted to him

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

northsideriviera

Got me parka now

#28 [url]

Jun 16 11 2:49 PM

Joe,,Ive said this to ya before,,Abrahams on South Anne St,, great tailor. got me brown suit made there,,and a couple of mates got suits made there too. Well recommended. A few years ago it was about EUR 850,,but that depends on what material you get.
This is brickiesondecks by the way,,I have a new handle!!

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#29 [url]

Feb 15 12 7:13 AM

Did anyone on here order something from Gill @ Cock of the Walk tailors back in Jan when she was over from Manchester .. she due in Dublin again next Sunday the 26th Feb cant remember the venue name .. did any one hear anything about what sort of prices she was charging,

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Feb 15 12 3:44 PM

Didn't hear a dickie bird Collie........didn't see anything on FB about it either......there's talk of turning it into a monthly thing at the Grand Social with DJ's etc........I think its the last sunday of every month.

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#31 [url]

Feb 16 12 1:28 AM

Yeah thats what I heard... I since been told a pants will cost about €100 but this doesnt include material, would anyone know how much material you need to make a trouser as DNA Sells material the most expensive I saw on there is about €25 ish a meter

Quote    Reply   

colliec

One of the Faces

#33 [url]

Feb 16 12 8:50 AM

Sound, I was thinking it would be about that much material .. if she visiting in March I'll go up for a look, in the meantime i try and get chating to someone who saw the material samples she had with her last time she was here. Cheers

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

Feb 20 12 12:04 PM

Hmmmmm sounds almost too good to be true for bespoke pants........it's a very very good price but as John D has correctly cautioned see if you can get a butchers at some previous work or talk to someone who has had previous dealings

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help