Remove this ad

cor

Got me parka now

Lead

Jun 19 13 3:37 AM

Tags : :

I've read a few bits and pieces about Weller starting up a UK tour, he's hand picking the venues and dates himself, wonder if he'll include a couple of gigs over on the Emerald Isle? Even one in Dublin? He looks to be only doing one night in each city, all the major cities in Britain, (Newcastle, Glasgow,Liverpool,Birmingham,etc), fingers crossed!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 21 13 1:54 PM

I can't see it now and the reason being is that he has obviously made some sort of decision not to play the usual suspect cities/venues. He was "supposed" to have played Belfast and Dublin last year as reported by Hot Press and he didn't and I thought when that fell through that something else is going on. He's playing a shed load of festivals, playing to relatively small crowds in the US and Russia!!!! You know our Paul, this is the way he's going at the minute but I'll stand corrected if he does play Ireland but I feel that if he had of wanted to, he have don it by now. I'm just not feeling it; that's why I went to the Albert Hall in March to see him.

Quote    Reply   

cor

Got me parka now

#3 [url]

Jun 22 13 10:25 AM

I always got the impression from him that Ireland was never a place that was on top of his list to play live in anyway, it always seemed too much of a "struggle" for him, if you can recall that picture in the inside sleeve of "the Gift" album where there's a picture of him and Foxton (I think) and the caption is "backstage in glamouris Galway".............says it all really. Never held out much hope after that!!!!!

Clean living in a dirty world!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

cor

Got me parka now

#4 [url]

Jun 22 13 11:43 AM

Sorry, I think that "glamouris Galway" picture is on the inside of the album "Dig the new breed"........correct me if I'm wrong.........all my albums are up in the attic and I'm not going up to check!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 23 13 11:24 AM

Yes it is Dig the new......but that album was put together after The Jam split and the band had scant input; really all they did was the sleeve notes on the back cover so the "Glamerous Galway" comment comes from someone else.

There used to be  rumours around him burning the tricolour and all that but it was all horse shite. A lot of bands steered clear of Ireland, north and south especially during the 70's and 80's. Up until the so-called Celtic Tiger, and apart from Slane, very few touring artists had Ireland on their must-play locations.

Quote    Reply   

cor

Got me parka now

#6 [url]

Jun 23 13 2:45 PM

I heard all that shite about the tri-colour but never took any heed to it, I knew it was bullshit, my mates brother lived in London thru all the early 70" s and still does to this day, he went to all the jam gigs and said he never seen any flag burning. What he did tell us was they used to have a flag pole on stage and they'd hoist the Union Jack before a gig but that all stopped when the " national Front" started turning up at the gigs.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help