Remove this ad

paulandreakelly

Suited and Booted

Lead

Jun 9 13 12:00 PM

Tags : :

No comments on the The Who gig last night!, well let me be the first, felt twenty years younger AWESOME SHOW!! although the afters made me feel twenty years older this morn.
The respect of the Irish targets on stage just made it even better.
Well done to the whole band on such a magic, once in a life time show.

Paul.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

modjohn22

One of the Numbers

#1 [url]

Jun 10 13 3:40 AM

Have to agree with you Paul totally amazing show start to finish Belfast your in for a good one
tonight . Also great to see so many new young mods at the gig.
After show was good craic and great to catch up witjh some old faces
Well done to those who organised it.

John

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#3 [url]

Jun 10 13 11:02 AM

One of the best shows in a long time,unreal energy coming from the stage.I'm still on a high after it.
Makes me proud to be a Mod

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

dave67

One of the Faces

#4 [url]

Jun 10 13 11:49 AM

Great night , what a show had a bit of trouble near the end of show i was up and down of my seat all night proberly annoying the people  behind me i turned around to say sorry for having a bee in my ass.Then a fist came my direction.He got throwing out, otherwise a great mightsmile

Quote    Reply   

bazchoochoo

One of the Faces

#5 [url]

Jun 11 13 4:30 AM

Jesus Dave,I was up and down like a yo-yo but apologised to the people behind who took it in good spirits,everyone near the end were on their feet,glad he got thrown out.
Hope you're not suffering from post traumatic stress 

Keep The Faith....modernism is a way of life...

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 11 13 2:51 PM

Great night last night in Belfast ... although I found the crowd a bit flat..
I loved the show... delighted I went .
didnt stay long at the aftershow as i was driving back home that night.
But still managed to meet a lot of mates...
I see Gilly managed to meet The Who again... He'll be performing with them next

Always checkout the shoes

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 12 13 5:18 AM

What a weekend.......what a fackin great band!!!! Dave, I remember you showing me your glasses; a right tosser. That's the scourge of all seating; I'm sure there were plenty of similar incidents around the tour. Sod it; hope it didn't spoil your night too much.

The crowd in Belfast was a wee bit flat alright compared to Dublin but I can only put that down to the fact that Dublin was a Saturday, in glorious sunshine, which meant that plenty of people had a nice few drinkies onboard. I met a good few people on Monday who literally finished work at 5.30, home, showered and then out so you didn't have that same build up. That said, I thought the band were in much better form in Belfast; Townshend especially seemed to be really into it. Was talking to himself and Simon,.....ahem, ahem.....as you do but they weren't happy with the sound in Dublin but said that that is par for the course being the first show of the leg of the tour.

My Dad saw The Who in Belfast in 1967 and caught them again exactly 40 years later in Verona, Italy but it was nice of the band to acknowledge that it was "unforgiveable" to have an interlude of 46 years!!!! My parents thought they were brill. That was their fourth Who gig and they thought it was their best.

Was brilliant to see lots of new young blood at both gigs.....the aftershow parties were brilliant too although I didn't stay too long at the Beach Bar; had a few beers and the choons were great as were the people.

Have to mention the top man Paulie aka Slip Kid. Imagine sitting at The Who a few rows back from the stage and you get a tap on the shoulder and someone hands you a nice cold pint. Cheers Paul. A gent 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8 [url]

Jun 12 13 5:20 AM

And of course to top it all,

I managed to get my Brunswick My Generation LP signed by Mr Townshend and Mr Daltrey; no joking, they are two sound fellas. Nice of them to do that.

Quote    Reply   

slipkid

One of the Faces

#12 [url]

Jun 12 13 3:19 PM

Two brill Who gigs, Belfast was a little quieter but the afterparty was kicking.
Great to see young mods out and about, the scene looks good for the future.
That signed Generation cover is the Biz Gilly, fair play to ya.

Quote    Reply   

cor

Got me parka now

#13 [url]

Jun 15 13 10:08 AM

What a gig.......great day and a great night!!!!! Still buzzin off it and its a week gone already!!!

Clean living in a dirty world!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help