Remove this ad

eiremod1

Got me parka now

Lead

Dec 9 12 2:09 PM

Tags : :

hi lads this topic came up on a site called  irish skinheads never die they just get older on facebook just want to know about HARD MODS as I find it interesting the cross over between the two sub cultures anyone got some information on this please let me know    j corr

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

colliec

One of the Faces

#1 [url]

Dec 10 12 6:15 AM

EireMod

There is a Facebook group called Hard Mods so I suppose if you look that up on Facebook I sure you will find out a bit of Info there. To me Hard Mods I suppose I think of Suedehead   / Smart Skinhead / Soulie Skinhead a great look in my opinion .. Look up mikel rude shirts website for I think the Hard Mod / Smart Skinhead look is pretty well covered there.

http://mikkelrude.co.uk/

Quote    Reply   

eiremod1

Got me parka now

#3 [url]

Dec 10 12 4:12 PM

thanks colliec, very good information on that, as that time , the music, and the website are tops, might even get herself to get me sometthing from it   thanks jc  

Quote    Reply   

cor

Got me parka now

#4 [url]

Apr 2 13 8:48 AM

Where do I start? Lets go back to the late 60's, the house where I grew up had every sort of music you could think of from frank Sinatra to Perry Como to Bing Crosby to the Beatles to the kinks to the dubliners to the wolftones and on and on so when it came to the record player it was usually my da who got his way, so Frankie was on most of the time, if the polital situation in the north took over the conversation it was the ballads that were put on.
So you can see there was a lot of music going on around my head but I could never really get into just one sound, then came along Bowie, Marc Bolan, Slade, The Sweet and even Mud got a look in, but out of all them it was Slade who took off on my road with all the older lads getting skinheads and then came along the " Boot Boys", which I was just old enough to get involved in, all the gear, vermin hem baggies, cox brogues and button down cooler check shirts and most importantly long hair, this was the first time I really found myself involved with a "scene" but then the music went crap, Elton John went all sappy with his love songs, Marc got killed in a car crash, Bowie went off his head, (dressing more like a drag queen).........so what was left?..........big mega bands with 10 minute guitar solos, wings, queen ............... But nah , we went back to the ballads, irish music was where it was at, you had to know the words to "Billy Reid" or you were nothing!!! Everyone went polital, "Boot Boys" became foot soldiers for organised riots to the British embassy, anything English or British was banned or looked at with disdain or paranoia..........I was lost musically, no job and no money,I really wanted something to shake me up,give me a good kick up the arse............I waited and waited and there it was..........it came like a steam train, the first few bars of "pretty vacant" what the fu%k!!!! This is where it's at, this is what I've waited for, this is it, release the anger!!!! Punk arrived, ripped up union jacks, disfigured queen, no religion divide, anarchy!!!! Fu%k me it was great, powerful but quick!!!! Within a few years it was over but it opened up so many doors for musicians, anybody could make music anybody could be in a band............where am I going with all this you may say?............... The dandelion market! Punks, Teds, skins, mods and then along came the New Romantics!!!!
What I didn't know about fashion I did now, as punk died I found myself going full circle and becoming a skinhead, back to check shirts but it was better music this time round, the moonstomp, reggae and the ska!!! Then came the loafers, two tone suits and the Fred Perrys..................now BINGO I was getting into mod!!!! Went back to my "Jam" collection". ( have 'em all) got back to The Kinks, Jesus I could go on and on and on!
But back to the question.........Hard Mods? You better believe it,....... There was many a battle in Grafton street, dandelion market, spinning wheel anywhere really, I just wonder how many more lads are around today who could tell a few stories, I've a few but ill keep them for another day!!!
Ciao!

Clean living in a dirty world!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

cor

Got me parka now

#7 [url]

Apr 2 13 3:07 PM

Just looked over it "vermin hem" should be "bermingham" and "cooler" should be "collar" ! That's what happens when your rushing, had to pick the young lad up from training at 5 and never read it back, but hey it's not a major!!!!

Clean living in a dirty world!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help